The video producer is a key role within the CRS storytelling lab. Part visionary, part project manager and part businessperson, the video producer ensures all aspects of a video project are properly vetted, storyboarded, scripted, resourced, shot and edited.
The ideal candidate will have the people skills to work with our internal clients at the intake stage, ensuring that briefs are created and scope of project properly identified, and then the experience in video execution to support our camera and post production talent in getting that project done. Strategizing and managing distribution with a desire to help our life saving work overseas will round out the job.
* Work with project start up and client relations
* Produce shoots and post-production
* Manage and develop project briefs and approval process
* Hire vendors and manage internal talent for shooting, editing, music, scripting and animation
* Work as an on-site producer
* Assist the Branded Content Producer in organizing, prioritizing and managing overseas content needs
* Manage contract development and processing
* Assist in concepting larger projects with storyboards and script outlines
* Mange vendors when we need to outsource
* Socialize completed projects
Agency-wide Competencies (for All CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Accountability and Stewardship
* Build Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Continuous Improvement and Innovation
* Strategic Mindset
* BS degree or related experience
* Minimum 4 years experience in a digital agency or in-house marketing team.
* Understanding of all aspects of video production, direction and distribution
* Strong emotional intelligence and people skills
* Excellent managerial and organizational skills
* Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, and audio production
* Proficient on a Mac or PC and proficient in Word and Excel
* Strong writing skills
* Detailed-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
* Digital delivery of video and still photography
* Experience with Premiere or Final Cut Pro a huge plus
* Experience in social marketing
* Photography background
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Creative services, communications, domestic outreach, charitable giving/fundraising, advocacy, overseas operations
External: Vendors and consultants
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All candidates must be eligible to work in the US at the time of application.
Internal applicants are encouraged to apply within the first 10 days of posting.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.