EnCompass LLC is seeking a full time visual design specialist to work on producing high quality infographics and visual materials in support of communications efforts, business development, and production of technical deliverables in research, evaluation, learning and organizational development. This position will be based out of EnCompass headquarters in Rockville, MD.
This position requires excellent interpersonal skills because the job requires reaching out to EnCompass staff to meet with them, learn about their projects, and determine best solutions for developing graphic material for the website or reports.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with project teams to design and develop graphics, visualizations, presentations and other creative products for client projects, ensuring that information is communicated clearly, accurately and in a visually appealing manner.
- Works with departments and key subject matter experts to design and develop creative products for internal and external communications.
- Establishes and builds successful partnerships with internal and external clients, co-workers and stakeholders.
- Plans and executes all project deliverables within budget and established deadlines.
- Follows creative work from concept to pre-press and post-production while maintaining original design intent, messaging and quality standards throughout the process.
- Designs and develops for staff use templates, style guides and other guiding standards to ensure corporate brand consistency.
- Delivers staff group training and individual coaching to elevate the standard for creative products and brand application.
- Engages fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing support to other team members as needed.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and six years’ experience or master’s degree and four years’ experience.
Experience and Skills
- Deep understanding of current technologies and design trends, and the desire to push the limits of innovation, creativity and storytelling.
- Demonstrated solid conceptual, visualization, and communication skills during all phases of creative development from inception to launch.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to research and analyze various technical subject matters and translate information into easy to understand format for intended audience.
- Experience working with research, assessment or evaluation findings.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent proof-reading skills.
- Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Proven ability to bring about change and manage processes.
- Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Able to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel for data visualization.
- Experience with accessibility and 508-compliance issues is preferred.
- Proficiency with online technology and web-based tools.
- Solid understanding of content management and information technology.
Apply By: July 31, 2018
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.