As a participant in the USAID’s YouLead Program, Global Communities is seeking resumes from experienced Business and Workforce Development experts, as well as specialists in Entrepreneurship and related curricula development interested in short and long term volunteer assignments to participate in the implementation of youth vocational entrepreneurship, workforce and/or professional business development program in Sri Lanka. We anticipate assignments from 3 to 4 weeks length, possibly to be repeated 3 to 4 times in the course of a year to ensure proper follow up and support to local partners.
The Business Development, Workforce and/or Entrepreneurship Experts will participate in and play key roles in providing expertise on business, workforce and/or professional development service programs and professional development with focus on local youth in collaboration with local private sector partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Significant private sector experience is a plus. Specific assignments include the following:
* Work with local hosts (including ministries and/or local vocational centers) to assist in developing entrepreneurship and vocational curricula, and to enact them successfully;
* Training of Trainers (TOT) to deliver entrepreneurship training, build the capacity of local centers including arranging career fairs and/or similar activities;
* Advising and assisting in developing the capacity of local hosts in various entrepreneurship areas including, for example, in setting objectives for new ventures, writing business plans, developing more effective marketing strategies to increase sales and profits, identifying new products and services or new opportunities;
* Advising on methods to improve the efficiency of training programs, time management, and/or providing mentoring services to conduct business more efficiently.
* An advanced degree from an accredited university in international development, international relations, economics, business management, business administration, vocational education, or related field
* International development experience. USAID experience strongly preferred;
* At least 5 years of relevant experience implementing business and/or workforce development programming with a focus on youth employment, entrepreneurship, capacity building of local institutions, and public-private partnerships;
* Strong interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations and individuals in a challenging environment;
* Excellent communication skills including presentation and writing skills
* Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and strong track record of meeting deliverables
* Fluency in English required
* Experience in Sri Lanka or elsewhere in South-East Asia preferred.