Fintrac, a leading US-based agriculture consulting firm with multi-year programs in Africa, Asia and Central America, is seeking a Warehouse Receipt Finance Expert for an upcoming short-term assignment (30-45 days) in Ethiopia in September and October 2018 (dates TBD).
The Warehouse Receipt Finance Expert will ideally be capable assessing the legal, regulatory, and institutional environment in Ethiopia to identify gaps and opportunities for warehouse receipt financing. Based on findings, the consultant will design practical recommendations to operationalize the introduction/expansion of warehouse receipt financing in Ethiopia.
The primary responsibilities of the Warehouse Receipt Finance Expert are to:
- Conduct literature review on international best practice in warehouse receipt financing.
- Analyze the existing legal, regulatory, and institutional environment in Ethiopia to identify limitations, gaps and necessary reforms toward warehouse receipt financing.
- Interview supply-side actors (e.g. financial service providers, and other non-bank lenders) to understand current agricultural loan portfolios, available loan products, and risk aversion/perceptions toward warehouse receipt financing.
- Interview demand-side actors (e.g. borrowers such as traders/intermediaries, and producers) to identify constraints and opportunities to warehouse receipt financing in Ethiopia.
- Interview warehouse managers to understand their process, capacity, and limitations toward executing a warehouse receipt system.
- Develop practical business model recommendations for introducing/expanding warehouse receipt based financing in Ethiopia.
The minimum qualifications for the Warehouse Receipt Finance Expert are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field required. (Master’s degree preferred.)
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience, preferably with direct experience in commercial grain warehousing, and/or financing.
- Experience designing warehouse receipt systems, and/or other agricultural finance products.
- Experience analyzing the legal, regulatory, and institutional environment for agricultural finance.
- Experience working in agricultural commodity value chains in East Africa (preferably Ethiopia) including maize, coffee, and/or chickpea.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communications.
- Excellent report writing capabilities.
- Ability to travel to remote locations.
- Experience working in Ethiopia a plus.
- English fluency required. Local language skills a plus.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter by July 20, 2018. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Fintrac, a woman owned and US-based consulting company, develops agricultural solutions to end hunger and poverty. For 25 years, we have worked with local and global partners to increase production, improve postharvest handling, add value, and develop markets and competitive value chains for the world’s most vulnerable farmers and communities.
At Fintrac, our employees are our greatest asset. We are always looking for talented, innovative individuals to join our global team and help us achieve our mission of alleviating poverty through agriculture. We offer competitive pay, outstanding benefits, a great work environment, and professional growth opportunities.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer.