Chemonics seeks a warehousing and distribution director for the ongoing USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Haiti. The project is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The GHSC-PSM Haiti office works under three of the project’s task orders – HIV/AIDS, Population and Reproductive Health, and Maternal and Child Health/Zika – to provide commodities and supply chain technical assistance. The warehousing and distribution director, in coordination with the deputy country director, manages and supervises the GHSC-PSM warehouse, commodities distribution, and unused pharmaceutical product (UPP) management operations in Haiti. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee staff to perform accurate and systematic warehouse operations related to the receipt, storage, and distribution of health commodities
- Provide professional development, support teamwork, and ensure that the system is operationally efficient and meets international warehouse standards, including WHO guidelines
- Oversee warehouse activities to ensure continuous availability of quality pharmaceutical commodities and laboratory supplies, including test kits, and other products related to the HIV/AIDS, Maternal and Child Health/Zika, and Family Planning programs
- Provide operational guidance to ensure regulatory compliance in all warehouse operations, including clearance, receiving, inspection, storage, registration, accurate and complete recording/documentation, and the distribution of commodities
- Develop and implement adequate work processes to generate and implement timely monthly distribution plans, and share status updates and distribution reports with stakeholders
- Review, monitor, and share timely stock reports with key stakeholders; realign the use the warehousing and distribution data software MACS among project staff; provide ad hoc warehousing and distribution reporting as required
- Ensure that the GHSC-PSM warehouse is prepared for evaluations and audits in compliance with international standards; including strategic support to the development of the request for quotations (RFQs) for third-party logistics (3PL) warehousing services to outsource the GHSC-PSM warehouse management and operations; exercise leadership for the RFQ bidding, evaluation, and selection processes; manage the transition to the selected 3PL; and continue leading the contract management after the transition to the selected 3PL company
- Provide oversight and guidance to ensure that the warehouse improvement plan activities are completed, in preparation for the outsourcing of the warehouse to a private 3PL company, including ensuring that the necessary standard operating procedures are written, updated, and followed; generate and analyze data to identify needs and provide training; and reorganize teams as needed
- Oversee collection, sorting, packing, and storage of UPP
- Liaise with the subcontractor and coordinate in-country activities related to UPP disposal while ensuring that products returned as waste or originating at the warehouse as waste are recorded appropriately if stored in the warehouse, ensuring that such waste is recorded and stored separately and according to norms
- Supervise and lead regular commodity inventory cycles, resolution of product- and process-related issues such as shortages, expiries, damaged products, distribution network problems, and quality assurance incidents; provide technical guidance and management of stock discrepancies, temperature excursions, product loss, short dated expiries, etc.; and provide technical guidance to manage the service provider (3PL) to correct issues and take appropriate measures
- Work with the finance director to oversee all inventory cycle performed at the warehouse and implement recommendations to address weaknesses and discrepancies
- Work closely with the director of operations to manage the optimization and maintenance of warehouse systems, including power generation, water supply, security systems, CCTV, air-conditioning, cold room storage, computer networks, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus eight years of progressive responsible management experience in warehousing and distribution, or, alternatively, a master’s degree in a relevant field plus six years of relevant experience
- Minimum five years of experience in health supply chain, pharmaceutical management, and logistics of health products
- Familiarity with U.S. government-funded health services and supply chain projects
- Knowledge of WHO goods storage and distribution standards for pharmaceuticals and of any other pertinent international storage and distribution standards preferred
- Strong skills in supply chain management and system strengthening required
- Experience in inventory management of health products
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; ability to work well with multiple stakeholders; and ability to supervise local and international staff effectively and work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs
- Experience in Continuous Quality Assurance Management preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English or French required; proficiency in Creole preferred
- Microsoft Office knowledge including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Supervision: The warehousing and distribution director will report to the deputy country director.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment: This is a long-term position in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, with option to be based in the Dominican Republic and commute regularly to and from Haiti. The GHSC-PSM contract ends in November 2023.
Please complete the application by attaching your CV and cover letter in the following link: https://chemonicsinternationalinc-myinb.formstack.com/forms/warehousing_and_distribution_director_ghsc_psm_haiti. If the link does not work, please copy and paste the URL into your browser. The application is open until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.