Position: WASH Engineer for Surge Roster (emergency response) – FILIPINO NATIONALS only
Location: Various Locations
Reports to: Country Director, Philippines
In the Philippines, RI has delivered a wide spectrum of humanitarian assistance and development programming including institutionalizing improved Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) services with local government, responding to natural disasters through food and NFI distribution, and building the capacity of local government to improve Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) preparedness
Relief International Philippines is looking for a WASH Engineer to join its emergency surge roster, who will be deployed to manage RI’s future emergency responses. The position is subject to project award and funding.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct and/or supervise needs assessment for water and sanitation hardware.
- Supervise technical guidance to 7 -10 construction teams and for any future proposals.
- Responsible for designing and constructing of more than 200 simple household latrines and school latrines, rain harvesting systems and hand pump for the projects.
- Prepare BOQs for proposed works and monitoring purchasing;
- Supervise the daily activities of community mobilisers.
- Engage and supervise labor for the installation of water and sanitation hardware;
- Ensure all work complies with relevant legislation, i.e., the Sanitary Code of the Philippines.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner and reporting project progress to the Team Leader and WASH cluster, as required.
- Work closely with Hygiene Officer to ensure compatibility between hardware and software.
- Liaise with LGUs, RHUs, DepEd, DOH, Barangay Captains etc. as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with commensurate work experience.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in lead management implementing emergency response programs in a conflict setting.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the WASH sector.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- English is required, with strong writing ability
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
About the Organization
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RIFrance and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.