Tetra Tech International Development Services (http:www.tetratechintdev.com/) is accepting applications for an Accounting and Administration Assistant to join its Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) Project based in Arlington, VA. WASH-FIN is a USAID funded project that seeks to close infrastructure financing gaps to achieve universal access to water and sanitation services through sustainable and creditworthy business models, increased public funding and expanded market finance for infrastructure investment. The Operations Assistant will play a vital role on the WASH-FIN core team by facilitating accounting, recordkeeping, compliance, and administration of the project for approximately ten activity countries.
The position is based in Arlington, Virginia.
* Assisting in the closing of monthly accounts and preparing financial statements.
* Reconciling and reviewing expense accounts and ensuring that proper clearance procedures have been followed.
* Assisting in the processing of payments to Suppliers/Subcontractors and vendors.
* Reconciling bank statements for all funds in foreign and local currencies; Serving as Approving Officer for disbursements up to an authorized level; Providing guidance and training to colleagues as required.
* Keeping up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines/Audit Files in an appropriate manner.
* Performing Inventory and Property Purchase Report monthly reconciliation.
* Assisting with general office management and administrative tasks, including support for meetings and events.
* Performing other duties as needed.
* Degree in accounting, finance or similar field (or relevant experience plus degree).
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an equivalent position.
* Experience with QuickBooks accounting software is preferred but not required.
* Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Fluent in written and spoken English with a professional fluency in French, preferred.
* Excellent intercultural communication skills.
* International development interest and experience strongly preferred.
* Excellent information management skills, with very strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
* Able to organize work and perform independently and as a member of a team.
* Excellent writing, analysis, and synthesis skills.
* High level of proficiency in MS Office applications and database management.
* Comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism.
* Energetic, enthusiastic, and positive collaborative team player.
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Letter of motivation explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity;
* CV in reverse chronological format; and
* List of 3 professional references including name, contact information, and professional relationship
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2HMgFVO
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.