The USAID Food Security Service Center II (FSSC II) is a five-year project managed by International Development Group (IDG). It was launched in June 2019 with the overarching goal of supporting USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS) in providing a broad range of integrated and knowledge-driven technical services to USAID Missions, USAID/Washington, and other USG operating units.
FSSC II is seeking a Program Design expert with experience in designing WASH activities in Africa. The consultant would assist a USAID Mission in the development of new activity designs, including process documentation and activity scopes of work, and related approval memos. The assignment is for 132 days, working remotely and starting as soon as possible.
- Support the Mission WASH team with development of new activity designs, including reviewing activity reports, learning documents and sector resources for relevance to new designs, leading meetings, concept papers, scopes of work, process documentation, and related approval memos.
- Provide coordination support to new activity designs, ensuring appropriate Mission procedures and documentation are followed.
- Develop documents related to activity procurement process.
- Other duties in support of the Mission WASH portfolio as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- 10 to 15 years of overall professional development experience, including five to ten years of WASH specific experience at the mid-level of responsibility.
- Previous work experience in technical program design and analysis (preferable internal USAID experience with activity design) and experience in sanitation marketing, WASH M&E, systems approaches, and sustainability.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement regulations, policies, procedures, and directives related to strategic development, programming, project development, approval, implementation, results review, performance monitoring, and evaluation is needed
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills and demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to work collaboratively in teams.
About the Organization
Come join our energetic and innovative team! To learn more about International Development Group, please visit our website: https://www.internationaldevelopmentgroup.com/
IDG is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.