World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As WASH Project Officer, UNICEF PCA, Malakal South, you will contribute to World Vision South Sudan Strategic Objective of improving health and wellbeing of beneficiary community through improving access to safe water and sanitation, and impacting good behavior change in hygiene practices in Malakal, Upper Nile Zone. You will supervise construction works and help facilitate in formation and training of water committees with a view of improving accessibility to safe and sustainable water, and enhancing hygiene and sanitation practices in the project area.
- Minimum Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources Engineering or Building Construction.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in infrastructure works or in Water and/or Sanitation Project implementation.
- Experience supervising construction teams/ contractors in water supply and sanitation construction works.
- Skills in community total-led sanitation (CLTS) and Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Tools Methodology (PHAST) desirable.
- Skills and experience in conducting water quality analysis using portable water testing kits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Having demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; organized, efficient, and able to work long hours to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work under pressure in unstable security and remote location with basic necessities a big plus.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 05 Jul 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.