The Sanitation Specialist will provide operational and institutional expertise to contribute to achieving national sanitation objectives. This is a full-time position with a requirement to be based in either Cotonou or Porto Novo, Benin for the full life of the project.
Responsibilities include working closely with and supporting key public institutions to meet their national sanitation objectives, supporting the professionalization of sanitation operators, and promoting leading business model and governance practices to boost performance and prepare for investments in the sector.
Qualifications (in addition to the qualifications listed above):
- Advanced university degree (minimum Master degree level) in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, WASH related Economics or a field relevant to urban WASH related development assistance.
- Eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in international development organization, national government or the private sector
- Fluency in written and spoken French is required; proficiency in English is preferred
- Experience working in West Africa. West African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Extensive experience in urban WASH and solid understanding of the stakeholders involved
About the Organization
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.