It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a WASH Technical Specialist to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Programme team, you will:
- Lead and support research on viable, cost-effective and replicable water & sanitation technologies, retain oversight on testing of identified technology by academic partner(s) and its subsequent implementation at the field level for a successful outcome. You will be working with relevant colleagues in the UK, in-country programme team and academic partner(s).
- Review partners’ work on WASH infrastructure, water quality & adverse environmental impact and provide recommendations for improved quality of work. On need basis upgrade standards on infrastructure, water quality and environmental assessments.
- Provide inputs to in-country programme teams (regionally and globally) on technical part of project designs, support knowledge management on the technological models and in influencing adaptation.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Water & Environmental Sanitation
- At least 15 years’ experience with 8 years’ in WASH sector with current knowledge of the latest developments and technologies in water and sanitation.
- Expertise on AutoCAD and other related engineering softwares.
- Demonstrated excellent programme planning monitoring and reporting skills
- Must be able to work with programme teams and stakeholders for discussing and drawing up sound programme designs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out technical designing and evaluation of WASH projects both in rural and urban areas.
- Knowledge of prevailing standards on Environment and related disciplines and government policies and programmes on W&S technologies.
- Gender equality and diversity awareness.
- Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating others and driving change.
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Find the job description below for full details of the role.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please apply through our recruitment agency: http://wateraid.rozee.pk
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Pakistan.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
About the Organization
WaterAid is on a mission to change normal for millions of people within a generation by getting clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to everyone, everywhere by 2030. Without all three, people can't live dignified, healthy lives. With all three, they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty, and change their lives for good. Children grow up healthy and strong, women and men get to earn a living, whole communities start to thrive. It sounds normal and it should be.
WaterAid is a place for people looking for inspiring, stimulating work and a real spirit of togetherness - people with a commitment to our vision, an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important of challenges.
We are looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, who have an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also have the chance to grow and space to be yourself at your best.