AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Wastewater Specialist for immediate employment for on-site assignments on USAID projects within the Middle East region. This position will support a large water/wastewater engineering services and construction management project in the Middle East. This is an expatriate position requiring full-time relocation to the Middle East.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assess existing wastewater systems to provide baseline data for the sector, conduct hydraulic analysis, study deficiencies, and assess the need for rehabilitation, reinforcement, restructuring or expansion.
- Prepare feasibility studies and environmental impact assessments and special studies such as geologic studies, and water quality analysis.
- Prepare detailed designs and tender documents for identified wastewater treatment plant expansions and wastewater collection system expansions, and for other immediate needs and/or short-term needs as identified by the Client.
- Provide engineering support to construction management teams during construction of projects.
- Provide assistance and training through adapting the best international standards in conducting operation and maintenance in the wastewater sector.
- Assist with capacity building for wastewater and environment sector staff as a key factor in the sustainability of the program.
- Manage multi-disciplinary design teams of engineers, technical staff, and scientists to complete the work orders as assigned.
- Establish design standards for projects, coordinated with associated water project designs to provide an integrated design approach and consistent quality of tender documents across the entire program.
- Coordinate with local officials for design review and approvals.
- Coordinate local design teams and US-based AECOM design teams during design.
- Provide technical support to local CM services teams and US-based CM support teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- 12+ years of related water/wastewater engineering (or related) experience
- Experience with MS Project or similar software
- Previous experience working overseas to support U.S. government agency projects
- Fluency in the English language
- Strong and professional communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to work and live overseas to support project
- Ability to pass all necessary screening requirements, including successful background check, substance abuse test, and medical clearance
- Due to the nature of the work, U.S. citizenship is required
- 15+ years of related water/wastewater engineering experience
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) or equivalent experience
- Previous experience living and working in the Middle East
- Previous experience supporting USAID programs within the Middle East
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.