Global Communities is seeking an experienced Water and Sanitation (WASH) Project Lead to manage the anticipated Millennium Challenge Corp (MCC) funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Project. The goal of this project is to address pending water, sanitation, and hygiene issues in identified local communities, increasing capacity in communities to address their own development priorities.
This project will be part of the Millennium Challenge Account-Liberia (MCA-L) programs in the Mount Coffee Reservoir catchment area. The goal of those programs is to protect the quality and quantity of water that enters the reservoir.
The WASH Project Lead will be a mid-to-senior level rural development professional who will serve as the point of contact between the project and the MCA-L. Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Manage all aspects of the Project and ensuring all Project deliverables - including reports in English are submitted to MCAL ESP Director or MCA-L staff designate;
* Serve as Project representative and liaison with Government of Liberia (GoL) and other outside entities - e.g. other development projects, donors;
* Supervise and program the work of Project staff;
* Oversee monitoring and Evaluation activities which includes but not limited to developing a matrix of appropriate performance indicators that demonstrates how the theory of change will be implemented; develop baselines and target values, ensure quarterly reporting of project’s performance, etc.;
* Provide technical leadership to ensure staff work in coordinated, integrated fashion that builds capacity, produces positive behavior changes that lead to sustainable WASH impacts;
* Provide technical leadership to achieve all technical outputs - community ODF certification, school WASH, other WASH objectives certification and other Project WASH objectives.
* Bachelor degree in an applicable field of study (development, sociology, environmental science, public health, environmental/sanitary engineering) with a minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience;
* At least 5 years of experience in Rural WASH projects;
* At least 3 years of supervision and management of the same in West Africa, preferably Liberia;
* Demonstrated experience in rural WASH program management, staff management, institutional strengthening, and training;
* Rural WASH program design and implementation experience including Sanitation- (CLTS); rural water supply; Water quality and use (e.g. handwashing)); environmental and household hygiene;
* Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of Rural WASH programs;
* Experience using word processing and spreadsheet programs;
* Fluency in written and spoken English.
Local citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.