Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Water Engineer candidates for the USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program.
Position Description/Summary: The Water Engineer will support the WASH-FIN Cambodia Team Leader in efforts to provide technical assistance to 5-7 Private Water Operators (PWOs) as they plan to expand and improve their services and seek external commercial financing to finance these plans. The Water Engineer will work in conjunction with the WASH-FIN Cambodia team and any local subcontractors to assist the selected PWOs to develop technically and commercially feasible water supply system expansions or improvement plans that are structured into attractive proposals for commercial financing.
* Development of technical assessments of engineering design packages for planned system expansions/improvements, identifying opportunities for improvement.
* Support in the development of realistic cost estimates and construction schedules for the system expansion/improvement plans.
* Provide assistance in the development of PWO business plans that demonstrate the commercial feasibility of the proposed plans.
* Provide assistance in the development of proposals for commercial financing.
* Provide support in other capacity development activities for both PWOs and lenders.
* Prepare documentation of lessons learned.
* University degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant technical degree.
* At least 5-7 years of experience in the planning, design, cost estimating, scheduling and/or construction supervision of potable water supply systems or similar projects.
* Experience in the development of technical-commercial feasibility studies for potable water supply systems and/or other civil engineering works.
* Experience in the development of business plans for Private Water Operators, or Capital Expenditure/ Master Plans for water/wastewater utilities is highly preferred
* Familiarity with relevant technical specifications, design standards and applicable environmental/ regulatory requirements.
* Professional license from government/professional engineering association is highly preferred.
* Fluency in English and Khmer is required.
* Cambodian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is July 30, 2019.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.