Project title: Water and Environment Support (WES)
The overall objective of the project is: to assist the implementation of an integrated approach to pollution reduction and prevention in line with the Barcelona Convention and to contribute to a more efficient management of scarce water resources in the Neighbourhood South region.
The purpose of the contract is to contribute to increase the capacity of various stakeholders involved in pollution reduction and water management in order to support them in formulating and implementing the environmental and water policies.
The expected results of the project are as follows:
- R1: Design and implementation of relevant national regulatory frameworks in the field of pollution reduction are improved.
- R2: Efficient use of water in urban and rural areas is strengthened through capacity building and dissemination of means to improve water use.
- R3: Innovative approaches and successful practices in the field of efficient use of water are monitored and disseminated.
- R4: The capacity of the UfM to contribute to the regional dialog in the fields of water and environment is strengthened through technical support.
- R5: Appropriation of the project results by the stakeholders is reinforced.
Location – ENI Southern region: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia and Syria.
Commencement date of the project: May 2019
Duration of the project: 48 months
Qualification and skills
- A level of education corresponding to at least 4 years’ completed university studies awarded by a diploma or equivalent;
- A specific degree or master in a relevant branch of water science or engineering (hydrology, chemistry, earth sciences, water engineering, etc.) is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of either English or French (C1 level) both oral and written and at least a good working knowledge of the other language (French or English) (B2 level);
- Knowledge of Arabic (B1 level) is an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of experience in water management;
- Sound knowledge of Integrated Water Resource Management and of water-related environmental issues.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience in technical assistance assignments;
- Experience in at least two ENI South countries;
- Extensive knowledge on EU water policy, legislation and related initiatives.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org