Job DescriptionWater for Africa through Leadership and Institutional Support (WALIS)
Statement of Work
Period of Performance:
Upon approval through 3/31/2019
Maximum Level of Effort:
85 Days on intermittent short-term basis
WALIS is five-year task order under the Water and Development Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Contract (WADI). It aims to improve the capacity of national water sectors to implement national policies, strategies, and plans that will deliver sustainable WASH services consistent with the Sustainable Development Goals. The Contract will accomplish this by supporting national and regional institutions and their development partners (including USAID) in:
- Developing, monitoring, and analyzing sound sector data;
- Engaging in targeted research and pilot activities around identified sector constraints;
- Strengthening country systems to develop informed policy and engage in sector planning toward sustainable WASH services; and
- Increasing the capacity required to support improved collection and use of sector knowledge.
The Procurement Coordinator will assist in administrative management of WALIS project subcontractor and select grant procurement. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the WALIS Team to lead the development of requests for proposal (subcontracts) and select requests for assistance (grants) on an as needed basis, and in close collaboration with the technical team and the Operations Manager. He or she will oversee the procurement process to ensure contract compliance until the subcontractor can demonstrate a stable and consistent implementation track record. He or she will collaborate with any WALIS technical staff to ensure scope of work, schedule, deliverables, etc. are consistent with activity goals and objectives. This includes completion of USAID required documentation as needed to reduce risk to procurement and implementation schedules. The Procurement Coordinator will ensure smooth subcontractor and activity start-up and adherence to USAID grant and subcontract compliance as well as consistency with DAI policies and procedures. He or she may need to provide training in grants management to select grantees as required. He/she will report directly to the Operations Manager, and work closely with the home office Project Manager, the contract administrator, and other technical and home office staff in carrying out the work.
- Serve as primary point of contact and representative of WALIS to prospective grantees and subcontractors;
- In collaboration with the technical staff, draft, review, edit as required procurement documents and requests that are submitted to the Home Office Contracts Administrator;
- Perform necessary due diligence to support cost/price reasonableness, past performance claims, and compliance with applicable U.S. Government regulations;
- Review and evaluate Employee Biographical Datasheets for completeness, compliance, and cost reasonableness;
- Prepare any Expatriate and Third-country National Independent Consultant Agreements;
- Ensure proper record keeping and documentation in accordance with DAI policies and USAID rules and regulations;
- Support the monitoring of contract compliance (reports, deliverables, contract modifications, extensions, add-ons); and,
- Provide post-award grant management training and subcontract management troubleshooting for WALIS grantees and subcontractors to reduce cost, financial, schedule, and regulatory risks to the project on an as-needed basis;
The Procurement Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international development or other relevant field of study. master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in USAID grants and procurement management with bachelor’s degree and 3 years with master’s degree.
- Detailed knowledge of the FAR, AIDAR, and ADS.
- Direct experience with procurement of a large service contract in developing country context.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills to set priorities, establish deadlines, and follow through in a timely manner, to organize files and records for easy access and tracking.
- Ability to understand and compare contract and grant or procurement data to develop and implement budgets, goals, and plans.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex contract, procurement and/or grant information or problems in an objective manner and derive logical conclusions to provide a sound basis for establishing priorities, selecting appropriate courses of action, and resolving conflicts
- Demonstrated experience in exercising discretion and judgment and in maintaining the security of confidential and sensitive information and materials
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for use in preparing information, clarifying situations, resolving problems, and for use in preparing a variety of correspondence and reports.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with all levels of staff
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to travel for position if required.
About the OrganizationDAI delivers development. We do it in many of the world's most demanding environments, by integrating a broad range of disciplines. Over 40 years, our employee owners have built a forward-looking company — one that combines innovative thinking, deep technical knowledge, and professional project management. We approach our work with passion, analytical rigor, and open minds. By freely sharing what we learn, we have built a reputation as thought leaders who translate good ideas into action and action into results. Our global team of 1,500 development professionals welcomes each opportunity to solve a new problem, no matter how difficult. That's how DAI has earned the trust of the clients, partners, and people who work alongside us all over the world.
DAI Advancing Human Prosperity SM