Tetra Tech International Development Services is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector team as Associate or Senior Associate. The WRI Sector assists governments, civil society organizations, private sector and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to the provision of effective water resources management, water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programming and municipal infrastructure services. Tetra Tech IDS has ongoing water sector activities in countries including Kenya, Tanzania, Liberia, Uganda, Ethiopia, Jordan, Pakistan, Nepal, South Africa, and Cambodia. The successful candidate will support project delivery and administration, provide technical services, facilitate business development initiatives, and contribute to external communications and client diversification. Candidates must demonstrate a history of successful proposal writing, project management, and client relations.
This position will be based in Arlington, Virginia or Burlington, Vermont.
What you’ll be doing:
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and aid the preparation of proposals in response to WRI sector opportunities in developing countries, including countries in and emerging from conflict;
* Develop and lead marketing and positioning strategy for the WRI sector;
* Provide contract technical and administrative oversight and management, including financial and personnel management, ensuring quality and timely implementation;
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff, including for project start-up and close-out;
* Represent Tetra Tech IDS to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Assess and pursue WASH sector client diversification opportunities;
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech IDS sectors; and
* Supervise and mentor sector staff as may be required.
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., engineering, water resources management, international affairs, resource economics) required;
* Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience working on increasingly complex water and wastewater issues in developing countries;
* At least two years of experience working on field-based (overseas) projects
* Prior successful experience leading and writing proposals for USAID;
* Experience managing and supervising large, complex WASH projects in developing countries;
* Demonstrated intellectual leadership and contributions to improve understanding and design of effective water and sanitation programs and services
Please submit the following as part of our application process:
* Advanced professional proficiency in French is strongly preferred;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Outstanding oral, written communications and presentation skills;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Position requires regular international travel (roughly 20%), including potential travel to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.