Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) , headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates to join our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector team as an Associate for Sustainable Sanitation Services.
The WRI Sector assists governments, the private sector, civil society organizations, and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to sustainably provide drinking water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services and to ensure long-term water security at multiple scales. Tetra Tech has ongoing water and sanitation projects in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The successful candidate will provide technical assistance across our active portfolio, manage select projects and contribute to business development initiatives and thought leadership.
The position will be based in either Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and lead the preparation of proposals in response to WRI sector opportunities in developing countries;
* Develop and implement thought leadership, marketing and communications interventions;
* Provide advisory, analytical and institutional development services focused on rural and urban sanitation planning, governance and sanitation service chain functionality to achieve the sustainable development goals;
* Supervise project delivery to ensure high quality and timely implementation;
* Represent Tetra Tech to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Supervise and mentor junior sector staff members as required.
* M.S. or M.A. degree in urban planning, environmental or civil engineering, health, development economics, or other relevant field;
* Strong written and verbal communication and quantitative and financial analysis skills;
* A minimum of five years of experience supporting growth and innovations in market-based rural and urban sanitation service delivery in Sub Saharan Africa and Asia;
* Solid understanding of the leading institutions, practices and innovations for developing sustainable sanitation service chains;
* Previous experience in developing collaborative working relationships with counterparts, implementing partners, international organizations, development and private finance institutions and donors;
* Capacity to manage and collaborate across multiple work streams simultaneously;
* Advanced foreign language skills in French, Arabic or Portuguese is desired.
* MS Office suite proficiency and familiarity with databases; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.