Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is accepting applications from qualified candidates to join our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector team as a Staff Associate.
The WRI Sector assists governments, the private sector, civil society organizations, and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to the provision of effective water resources management, water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programming. Tetra Tech has ongoing water and sanitation projects in more than 15 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The successful candidate will support project delivery and administration, provide technical services, coordinate business development initiatives, and contribute to communications.
The position will be based in Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
What you will do:
* Backstop all aspects of WRI project(s), including start up through close out: coordination with headquarters staff on logistics, procurement, budgets, and travel; project budget development and management; recruiting and onboarding technical consultants/personnel; collaborating with local staff to build capacity; and monitoring work plan and deliverables to ensure contract compliance;
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative approaches to development challenges;
* Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation including technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others;
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity;
* Support external communications and events as well as learning efforts within the sector team.
* Advanced degree in a sector-relevant technical discipline is preferred;
* At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in the WASH sector in developing countries
* Experience supporting project management and implementation for WASH programs;
* Previous USAID project management experience is highly preferred
* High levels of professionalism and collegiality across cultures, hierarchies, and roles;
* Demonstrated attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills;
* Strong written communications skills and high level of attention to detail to written products required;
* Capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences;
* Strong proficiency in French is highly preferred;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on concurrent projects with poise;
* Position requires regular international travel (roughly 20%), including potential travel to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* MS Office suite proficiency and familiarity with databases; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Please submit the following as part of our application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length in which the applicant is the sole author
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.