Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is accepting applications from qualified candidates to join our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector team as a Staff Associate.
The WRI Sector assists governments, the private sector, civil society organizations, and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to sustainably provide water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services and to ensure long-term water security at multiple scales. Tetra Tech has ongoing water and sanitation projects in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The successful candidate will support project delivery and administration, provide technical services, coordinate business development initiatives, and contribute to external and internal communications.
The position will be based in either Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
What you will do:
* Backstop all aspects of WRI project(s), including start up through close out: coordination with headquarters staff on logistics, procurement, budgets, and travel; project budget development and management; recruiting and onboarding technical consultants/personnel; collaborating with local staff to build capacity; and monitoring work plan and deliverables to ensure contract compliance;
* Contribute to business development and growth, including conducting desk research and international scoping trips, identifying partners and personnel, liaising with current or new clients, and developing innovative approaches to development challenges;
* Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation including technical approach, staff identification, work plan, monitoring and evaluation plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others;
* Provide technical assistance through short-term international assignments or in a remote home office advisory capacity;
* Support technical thought leadership through external communications and events as well as learning activities within the organization.
* Advanced degree in a sector-relevant technical discipline is preferred; Bachelor’s degree required;
* At least 1 year of professional experience related to international development;
* Professional experience in the WASH sector in developing countries is strongly preferred;
* Previous USAID project management and new business experience is preferred;
* High levels of professionalism and collegiality across cultures, hierarchies, and roles;
* Demonstrated attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills;
* Strong written communications skills and high level of attention to detail to written products required;
* Capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and products for various audiences;
* Advanced proficiency in Arabic or Portuguese is highly preferred;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on concurrent projects with poise;
* Position requires regular international travel (roughly 20%), including potential travel to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* MS Office suite proficiency and familiarity with databases; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* A writing sample, no more than 5 pages in length.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.