Chemonics seeks a water, sanitation, and hygiene/nutrition director for the anticipated five-year, $70 to $80 million USAID Initiative for Hygiene, Sanitation, and Nutrition (IHSAN) Project in Afghanistan. The director will provide technical leadership and monitor the project’s progress in achieving its objectives. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Advise on programmatic adjustments needed in response to the changing political environment, ensuring achievement of project results
- Lead demand-generation activities and provide strategic guidance on strengthening the private sector’s involvement in improving nutrition, hygiene, and sanitation
- Advanced degree (postgraduate or higher) in public health, health sciences, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum five years of work experience in nutrition, hygiene, and sanitation in high-stress complex countries
- Minimum five years of demonstrated professional experience in social behavior change communication, with a focus on hygiene and sanitation promotion
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Send electronic submissions to CINHSRecruit@chemonics.com
by May 20, 2015. Please include “WASH/Nutrition Director” and your name in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only “WASH / Nutrition Director IHSAN” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 39 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.