Technical Specialists - WASH
Position Type: Short Term/Long term
Work Location: USAID Water Strategy focus countries (Afghanistan; Democratic Republic of Congo; Ethiopia; Haiti; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Lebanon; Liberia; Nigeria; South Sudan; Uganda; West Bank/Gaza)
ME&A seeks qualified candidates for USAID’s anticipated Water and Development programs to support USAID missions, bureaus, and other operating units in implementing the U.S. Government’s Global Water Strategy. Anticipated programs will reflect the Agency’s strategic direction in the water sector, including improving health outcomes through the provision of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and managing agricultural water sustainably and more productively to enhance food security.
Junior-level, mid-level, and senior-level consultants are expected to provide short term/long term technical services. Applicants with expertise in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Wastewater re-use
- Water sector communications and knowledge management
- Water sector financing
- Water resources management
- Capacity building of water and wastewater service providers
- Water sector legal and regulatory reform
- Water treatment
- Water sector financing
- Operation of water sector utilities
- Gender integration
- Senior-level specialists: Master’s degree and at least 12 years of relevant professional experience (or bachelor’s degree plus 15 years of relevant professional experience)
- Mid-level specialists: Master’s degree and at least six (6) years of relevant professional experience (or bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of relevant professional experience)
- Junior-level specialists: Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years of relevant professional experience
- Strong preference for university degree relevant to Public Health, Water and Sanitation, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or another WASH-related field
- Demonstrated experience in one of the above-mentioned technical areas
- Previous work experience on overseas USAID programming preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- English is required, additional languages considered a plus
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.