The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is implementing a number of initiatives to increase engagement of West Africa fisheries in the MSC. A key initiative is the West Africa Small Pelagics project, funded by the MAVA foundation and with a geographical focus on Senegal, Mauritania and Guinea Bissau.
We are looking for a Consultant to deliver key aspects of the project and to support other MSC work in the region. The project has a geographical focus on Senegal, Mauritania, Gambia and Guinea Bissau.
Key aspects of the work are:
- Implementation of the activities of the West Africa Small Pelagics Project
- Engagement with key stakeholder organisations in the fisheries sector including government, fishers, NGO’s and the private sector.
- Organisation of capacity building training workshops in the region;
- Implementation of MSC fishery engagement projects in the region
Key qualifications / experience required for this project include:
- A postgraduate degree, or equivalent experience in fisheries, marine conservation biology
- Knowledge of fisheries and resource sustainability issues
- Previous experience of working in the West Africa region
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and French, as well as knowledge of local languages.
To express your interest in this project, please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
The subject of your email should be: West Africa Consultant.
Closing date: 08 September 2018 at 9:00 am (BST)
About the Organization
The MSC’s vision is for the world’s oceans to be teeming with life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations. Through our world-leading certification and ecolabeling programme we recognise and reward sustainable fisheries and through the leadership of our partners, create market incentives to encourage other fisheries to improve the way they operate. Over 300 fisheries around the world, representing 12 % of the annual global marine catch, are now engaged in the MSC programme. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.