Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a Senior Development Officer/Fundraiser to join our Marketing and Development team.
The Senior Development Officer (SDO) reports to the Senior Director, Resource Development and is responsible to secure funds for MEDA by managing a group of assigned donors within a specified region, assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement. They are also responsible for developing and implementing a cultivation and solicitation plan for individual major gift prospects. The successful SDO will have the satisfaction of helping donors fulfill their faith, purpose and passions through their donations to MEDA.
This is a full-time position, with extensive domestic travel requirements based out of the Western Canada region, including Vancouver BC, the Fraser Valley, Winnipeg or other Western locations, with regular regional travel throughout the Western Region and occasional international travel. The ideal start date is July/August 2020.
ARE YOU OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE?
We are looking for a business-minded professional who wants to use their relationship skills, expertise and business network to contribute to MEDA’s global impact.
You are relational, a self-starter, may have experience in sales, networking, business development and/or fundraising. You are open to domestic and some international travel and have an understanding and appreciation for our Anabaptist and Mennonite constituency. You appreciate and understand efforts to alleviate poverty in an international context using business solutions to poverty.
- Build relationships and network with MEDA’s constituency in the Western region
- Develop an annual plan for cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects within an assigned geographic area
- Collaborate and participate with the entire Strategic Engagement team to support the annual convention, regional meetings, chapter events and tours as part of donor cultivation
- Perform other donor and prospect activities as required
- Additional responsibilities as per the job description
- Minimum five years demonstrated professional experience in business, sales or not-for-profit fundraising
- Highly motivated, self-starter, achieving results with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and skills in business principles with emphasis on marketing/sales
- Excellent customer services skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in relationship building, active listening, communicating, negotiation and leadership
- Demonstrated experience or willingness to learn Microsoft Office tools, SharePoint and donor management systems (Raiser’s Edge)
- Knowledge and understanding of MEDA’s constituency (Mennonite, Anabaptist and Christian business and professionals)
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Additional qualifications as per the full description may be considered for final selection process
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
About the Organization
MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.