World Vision International
Founded 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of disaster-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Here’s where you come in:
As WFP Food Assistance Manger (FAM) you will provide strategic, operational and technical oversight and overall management of the DFAP food commodities Program Component in compliance with WFP and WVI policies plus other relevant standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical area or equivalent experience.
- Speak both English and French fluently is required for this position.
- Experience and familiarity with WFPTitle II regulations and reporting requirements.
- 3-5 years management experience in the food logistics ( warehousing, transportation, distributions).
- Minimum of two years food assistance program planning experience at supervisory level.
- Field-based international NGO work experience in Food Assistance program leadership, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years total development and emergency experience.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 JUL 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.