Wildlife Trafficking EXPERT / TRAINER
ABA ROLI is seeking an international Expert / Trainer with experience prosecuting and/or adjudicating wildlife trafficking /wildlife crime cases to co-facilitate a 2-day training in Sri Lanka for Magistrate Judges and Prosecutors with the Attorney General’s Department. The training is tentatively scheduled to take place the week of October 21.
The Expert / Trainer will provide high-level expertise in support of ABA ROLI’s work on countering wildlife trafficking (CWT) in Sri Lanka, in cooperation with the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS). ABA ROLI’s CWT programming is specifically focused on training for law enforcement, prosecutors and judges in Sri Lanka on wildlife crimes and the links with other transnational crimes such as money laundering and illicit financial networks.
The Expert / Trainer may also be involved in providing technical expertise in support of the design and delivery of a training for judges in Bangladesh on adjudicating wildlife trafficking and related cases.
ABA ROLI is seeking expressions of interest from trainers with experience and expertise in some or all of the following areas of work:
1) Experience prosecuting wildlife trafficking, wildlife crimes, related transnational crimes and/or environmental crimes, with preference for experience in at least one of the following jurisdictions: India, South Africa, Australia, or the UK.
2) Experience adjudicating wildlife trafficking, wildlife crimes, related transnational crimes and/or environmental crimes, with preference for experience in at least one of the following jurisdictions: India, South Africa, Australia, or the UK.
2) Experience providing legal advice and/or bringing litigation related to wildlife trafficking or wildlife crimes and related criminal offences, either within Sri Lanka or
within at least one of the following jurisdictions: India, South Africa, Australia, or the UK.
5) Experience designing curricula and delivering training for law enforcement, prosecutors and/or judges on themes related to wildlife trafficking, either in Sri Lanka or a jurisdiction with a similar legal system.
S/he will work closely with ABA ROLI’s Sri Lanka and Washington, D.C. offices.
· Law degree.
· At least 10 years of direct experience in all or some of the areas of expertise outlined above.
· A sound understanding of wildlife, forest, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and related laws.
· Demonstrated experience advising, designing, and implementing training programs and developing resources for justice sector actors.
· Previous proven experience working effectively with government and civil society partners.
· Fluency in English.
HOW TO APPLY:
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates whose services we will require as and when the requirements arise. Please submit a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html