Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is the holder of largest gender indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract, the Advancing the Agenda of Gender Equality (ADVANTAGE), which is designed to strengthen USAID’s capacity to integrate gender equality and women’s empowerment systematically across USAID programming, monitoring and evaluation efforts, and procurements.
Under the ADVANTAGE IDIQ, Banyan Global manages a task order on Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA), which provides on-demand, rapid response short-term technical assistance to USAID missions and bureaus in the design of strategies, projects and activities to reduce the gender and economic empowerment gaps that impede development outcomes.
Banyan Global is seeking a Senior Women’s Economic Empowerment Advisor to support its existing work on the Advantage IDIQ, including the GITA, and other USAID gender awards. The Advisor would provide high-quality advice on economic policies and trends and relevant linkages affecting women´s economic empowerment (WEE) in USAID strategies, projects and activities. He/she would undertake policy and programmatic analysis on WEE to inform the development of USAID Country Development Cooperation Strategies, Development Objectives and Project Activity Documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and monitor women’s economic empowerment trends, opportunities and challenges, including women’s access to productive economic resources, such as assets, wage or self-employment or other income, or financial assets such as savings and credit.
- Provide technical guidance and capacity-building to USAID staff and partners on strategies, planning documents, programs and projects.
- Manage the USAID programs/projects through technical monitoring and administrative and financial supervision ensuring the proper application of a monitoring system to track progress on program results and indicators.
- Collaborate closely with USAID colleagues and partners to identify promising practices, technical expertise and strategic opportunities for enhancing gender equality and women’s economic empowerment.
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, regional and international actors and development partners operating in the domain.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in economics or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience on gender and women’s economic empowerment, including 5 years of field experience.
- 5 years of which of progressively relevant experience at the national or international level in development projects, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa, providing advisory services, hands-on experience in planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development policies and programs.
- Significant progressively responsible experience in strategic planning, program development and implementation, results-based management and reporting.
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong partnerships and in mobilizing resources.
- Prior experience with USAID will be an asset.
- Fluency in French is a plus.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.