Women’s Service Delivery Lead – Nosf Misr
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
DAI seeks a Women’s Service Delivery Lead for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt Nosf Misr program. Nosf Misr will be a five-year activity focused on supporting gender equality and female empowerment, with a concentration on advancement of the enabling environment for women’s empowerment, economic opportunity, and prevention and protection from gender-based violence (GBV).
- Provide technical and managerial daily oversight on all aspects of GBV activities and program goals and works collaboratively with other project leads to meet overall program objectives.
- Contribute to the implementation of GBV strategies at the national level, including working with the Prosecutor’s Office, other government entities, civil society organizations (CSOs), and other national stakeholders to develop a national-level referral package for GBV victims and survivors.
- Work with CSOs, women’s groups, and other community groups to ensure coordination of local-level referral mechanisms into national-level programs and policies.
- Work with communities to increase awareness about GBV and engage community leaders to work with CSOs and advocate for GBV services and implementation of GBV laws and policies.
- Develop and facilitate training on core gender and GBV concepts, including training of governmental partners, CSOs, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, human rights, gender studies, social work, or other related field; advanced degree preferred
- 7-10 years of experience, including managerial experience and extensive work in GBV advocacy and service provision.
- Knowledge of current national and local service provision for GBV.
- Fluent English is required and Arabic.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to NosfMisr@dai.com. Applicants should note their area of expertise in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.