Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender and women’s economic empowerment, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Jordanian Workforce Development Team Leader for an anticipated USAID-funded women’s economic empowerment and leadership activity in Jordan. The project will improve women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions, improve perceptions about working women and women leaders, and enhance the equitable and safe enabling working environment for women.
- Lead project component that addresses constraints to women’s access to the workforce in Jordan.
- Design and implement initiatives to increase women’s access to support services that hinder their participation in the workforce (childcare, transportation services, mentoring and networking opportunities, career counselling, access to information and training).
- Design and deliver training programs on workforce readiness and leadership.
- Develop long-term relationships with private sector partners interested in expanding the number of women in their workforce.
- Oversee project activities related to increasing women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with the private sector, serving as the primary liaison between the private sector and project staff.
- Manage team members and consultants.
- Provide inputs to the project work plan.
- Support donor reporting requirements, including writing sections of quarterly and annual program reports, implementing monitoring and evaluation, and other deliverables and requirements as specified in the project contract.
- Represent the project at meetings with donors and other key stakeholders, including high-level presentations to the government and private sector.
- Master’s degree in gender or another relevant international development field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in workforce development specific to women’s economic empowerment and leadership, especially in the Middle East.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team.
- Prior experience on a USAID-funded project preferred.
- Knowledge of constraints and opportunities to women entering the workforce in Jordan, particularly in the private sector.
- Experience designing and leading training programs.
- Demonstrated skills in fostering relationships with the private sector.
- Experience managing donor programmatic and monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Jordan.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).