The American Bar Association, Rule of Law Initiative (ABA-ROLI) is seeking a local trainer to develop a training curriculum and materials and deliver a two-day training on wildlife trafficking in Central America, namely in Bolivia and Peru. The trainer must be an expert on wildlife trafficking and will co-facilitate training sessions with an international wildlife trafficking expert for key stakeholders in Bolivia and Peru.
- In coordination with the international expert, he/she will be responsible for developing a bi-national training curriculum and materials addressing the legal framework, regional enforcement and cooperation, and nexus of transnational crimes related to wildlife trafficking across Bolivia and Peru;
- Under the supervision of the Program Director and in collaboration with DC staff he/she will develop training evaluation materials including, but not limited to, pre and posttests.
- In collaboration with the international expert, he/she will draft and submit a training report at the conclusion of the binational training;
- Responsible for identifying key stakeholders for the training, if needed.
- Previous experience with U.S. government-funded international programs;
- Previous experience in applied research and curriculum design;
- Previous experience in conducting trainings for high-level key stakeholders including state actors;
- Previous experience and familiarity on issues regarding wildlife trafficking in Central America;
- Strong commitment to rule of law principles.
- Fluent in Spanish;
- Fluency in English;
- Familiarity on issues regarding wildlife trafficking.
Please email you cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html