Title: Writer/Editor, KMC, GHSC-PSM
POST CLOSES ON MARCH 23, 2018.
Writes, rewrites, and edits technical materials throughout the contractual deliverable lifecycle and for technical report editing process. Works with others in the department and across the company to ensure that materials are consistent with GHSC-PSM’s branding and marking requirements, are of high quality, and meet the needs of our client. Help establish, maintain, and promote high standards for writing, editing, style, format, design, and production for all written materials on GHSC-PSM. Manages own workload and keeps supervisor informed of work progress, workload issues, availability for assignments, and growth opportunities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide high-quality writing and editing services for all aspects of contractual and technical deliverables.
- Reviews preliminary outlines and drafts; make suggestions to improve responsiveness to contractual requirements and contribute broadly as a member of the KMC and GHSC-PSM team.
- Use knowledge of international development issues and trends to provide input into requirements analysis, document outlining, results framework development (when applicable), and the use of pillars and key themes.
- Work collaboratively with project and technical teams to meet needs for project communication consistent with client standards. Help project identify appropriate resources to carry out project communication tasks.
- Provide high quality writing and editing services for technical materials throughout project life cycle, including weekly, quarterly, semi-annual reports, and technical materials.
Participates in the development of the department’s strategic plans, training materials, job aids, and tools, facilitates meetings and represents the department to internal and external clients.
- Effectively trains and mentors KMC editors and other corporate staff on KMC’s and GHSC-PSM’s tools and systems.
Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
- Help enforce and promote understanding of corporate practices for billing KMC services.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred.
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, independent thinking, judgment, integrity, and respect for others.
Essential Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Regular attendance and availability during normal business hours are required.
- Ability to work in a normal office environment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Normal office environment; usually moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to environmental conditions include exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather.
- Ability to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks a year.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Last name, First name - DC Writer/Editor” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries. Finalists will be contacted. POST CLOSES ON MARCH 23, 2018.
Panagora is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.