Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a full time Youth and Gender Specialist. This position is responsible for providing technical and operational support for a portfolio of youth and gender projects, new business development, and providing technical assistance related to positive youth development (PYD), gender equality, and women’s empowerment integration. This position is based in Washington, DC with travel abroad.
- Supporting the design and implementation of USAID youth assessments and gender analyses.
- Providing background technical support on youth assessments, surveys, and other youth-related research.
- Supervising youth and gender integration projects and overseeing field staff.
- Providing capacity building support on PYD to field staff.
- Designing and implementing technical youth trainings.
- Providing technical inputs for youth and gender deliverables
- Overseeing the recruitment, hiring and provision of operational support to youth and gender technical consultants.
- Recruiting and managing consultants that support the youth and gender practice.
- Supporting the submission of deliverables for the youth and gender practice.
- Supporting new business development for the youth and gender practice.
- Travelling abroad for up to 3 weeks on technical assignments.
- Writing project reports and preparing internal documentation as required.
- At least five years of experience in PYD or gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development or a related field.
- Experience working on youth or gender technical assignments, including youth assessments and gender analyses.
- A solid understanding of key PYD issues, gender equality considerations and approaches in at least 2 sectors, such as economic growth, education, health, democracy and governance, agriculture, food security and nutrition, resilience, water sanitation and hygiene, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with managing teams, projects and remote management.
- Knowledge of USAID’s youth and gender policies and programming.
- Experience in proposal writing, proposal management, teaming, and the overall bid process for USAID.
- Experience working with USAID, governments and donor agencies.
- Capacity to work effectively in different cultures.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).