Blumont is seeking Youth Engagement Specialist candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded Up to Youth program. This five-year program will empower youth in Kosovo to promote their own development and become responsible citizens, thereby strengthening their resilience against radicalization to violence. The program will work with at-risk youth in targeted municipalities in Kosovo to increase civic participation and economic self-empowerment for resilience, peaceful communities.
The Youth Engagement Specialist will be directly working in the design, management, and implementation of youth-centered development interventions for the anticipated program. S/he will identify the needs and gaps in services provided currently. S/he will work with the Up to Youth team to develop curricula to address these gaps, such as vocational education, soft skills training, and technical skills training, and ensure that workforce development interventions use best practices to address the needs of youth. S/he will provide strategic technical guidance on gender and youth integration to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders. S/he will also work with government and civil society to develop interventions that will increase civic participation and lessen the likelihood of violent extremism.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that project activities address youth considerations, and that project activities specifically address the needs of female and male youth.
- Provide strategic technical guidance on youth integration to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders.
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to youth dimensions of technical activities and operations and discuss issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists.
- Engage available and active youth networks and organizations in the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Support development of youth monitoring and evaluation indicators for the project.
- Develop appropriate youth resources and tools for project staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to education or youth development.
- 5 years’ experience on donor-based programming.
- Experience working in institutions with a focus on serving the needs of youth, particularly workforce-aged youth.
- Technical knowledge and experience in skills development, curriculum development, positive youth development, and related support services for at-risk youth.
- Deep understanding of the best practices, approaches, and methodology in programming related to CVE, Community Development, or Youth Engagement.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing field-based workforce and curricula development initiatives.
- Experience integrating gender into project design and implementation to address disparities and create opportunities for women’s leadership and participation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Professionally proficient and fluent in Albanian.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Kosovo experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Prior experience in USAID funded projects.
- Professional fluency in English is strongly preferred.
- Professionally proficient and fluent in Serbian preferred.
- Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
- This position will be based in Pristina, Kosovo, with travel up to 30%.
- Normal Office Conditions.
Blumont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Teach America and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups