The anticipated USAID-funded Youth Activity project in the Philippines will work with the Government of the Philippines to support improved basic education and life skills for vulnerable youth. The activity outcomes will include improved literacy, life and employability skills; strengthened local capacity to deliver education and training service delivery; and strengthened youth leadership and engagement.
The Youth Engagement Specialist provides overall technical oversight and guidance to the activity’s support to strengthen leadership and engagement for vulnerable youth.
- Develops and implements project approach to strengthening leadership and engagement for vulnerable youth;
- Designs and facilitates stakeholder consultation with youth, the business community, the Ministry of Education, civic organizations, and others to inform project approach and activities; and
- Supervises provision of technical assistance and training to achieve project objectives.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in education or other relevant degree;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the Philippines in work specifically to strengthen youth leadership and engagement;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions;
- Extensive professional network of youth leaders, youth-led organizations, and organizations serving youth, particularly vulnerable youth;
- Demonstrated capacity to engage with youth through traditional and social media;
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment as well as independently; and
- Professional proficiency in English and Filipino.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.