Making Cents International is recruiting for a Youth Entrepreneurship Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity. The project will increase inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in 17 districts of the Northern, Upper East, and Upper West regions of northern Ghana through competitive, stronger, and more resilient markets.
This position is contingent upon winning a contract award.
Ghanaian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Oversee activities that engage youth and create incentives for them to enter agricultural markets
- Work with local agribusinesses; universities; and other market actors to support job opportunities for youth in the agribusiness sector
- Design training, mentoring, linkages to support services, grant packages, and other tools to increase youth agri-preneurship
- Oversee activities to improve vocational, technical, and business skills among youth
- Build the capacity of business development service providers to provide quality, demand-driven services to micro, small, and medium agro-enterprises with a focus on youth
- Support Access to Finance Specialist to develop appropriate financial tools and opportunities for youth to participate in agriculture markets
- Support other teams to determine appropriate activities to support young women’s participation in agricultural markets
- Serve as a youth champion within the project team
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with project staff based in Ghana and Making Cents’ technical staff based in the United States
- Contribute to project activity planning, reporting, data analysis, and budgets as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in youth development, agriculture, business, or a related social sciences field
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience supporting youth programs or livelihoods programs; strong working knowledge and experience related to youth engagement in the agribusiness sector preferred
- Experience developing and delivering youth-oriented training, particularly in rural contexts
- Experience building the capacity of service providers, such as MSMEs, NGOs and extension agents
- Experience working directly with youth populations
- Familiarity with a Positive Youth Development (PYD) approach preferred
- Familiarity with current Feed the Future activities within Ghana preferred
- Experience in Northern Ghana preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Fluency in English
About the Organization
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for fifteen years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our technical services and collaborative learning activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management.
Making Cents Corporate site: www.makingcents.com.