Making Cents International is recruiting for a Youth Integration Lead for an anticipated USAID-funded DFSA activity in Ethiopia. The project will systematically improved food security of vulnerable households in targeted PSNP communities, contributing to a sustained reduction in rural poverty in the Oromia region of Ethiopia.
This position is contingent upon winning a contract award.
Ethiopian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide expertise on how to integrate youth into the project’s focal livelihoods and resiliency building activities;
- Serve as a youth champion within the project team;
- Design training, mentoring, linkages to support services, grant packages, and other tools to increase youth integration into livelihoods activities;
- Build the capacity of service providers to deliver livelihoods development support services to youth entrepreneurs;
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with project staff based in Ethiopia and Making Cents’ technical staff based in the United States;
- Contribute to project activity planning, reporting, data analysis, and budgets as requested; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in youth development, agriculture, business, or a related social sciences field
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience supporting youth livelihoods programs; strong working knowledge and experience related to youth engagement in the agribusiness sector preferred
- Experience developing and delivering youth oriented training, particularly in rural contexts
- Experience building the capacity of service providers, such as MSMEs, NGOs and extension agents
- Familiarity with a Positive Youth Development (PYD) approach
- Familiarity with current DFSA activities within Ethiopia
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Fluency in English
Submit resume and cover letter online through “Join Our Team” under the Contact section of www.makingcents.com. Submit applications no later than August 15th. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
About the Organization
Making Cents is a results-driven women-owned small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics