Making Cents International is recruiting for a Youth Integration Lead for an anticipated USAID-funded agricultural value chains activity in Senegal. The project will significantly increase access to value chain services to expand job opportunities and enterprise development in the Senegalese agricultural sector.
This position is contingent upon winning a contract award.
Senegalese citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide expertise on how to integrate youth into the project’s focus value chains through project and partner activities;
- Serve as a youth champion within the project team and the agriculture sector;
- Design training, mentoring, support services, grant packages, and other tools to increase youth integration into agricultural value chains;
- Build the capacity of service providers to deliver business development support services to youth entrepreneurs;
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with project staff based in Senegal and Making Cents’ technical staff based in the United States;
- Contribute to project activity planning, reporting, data analysis, and budgets as requested; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in youth development, agriculture, business, or a related social sciences field
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience supporting youth livelihoods programs; strong working knowledge and experience related to youth engagement in the agribusiness sector preferred
- Experience developing and delivering youth oriented training, particularly in rural contexts
- Experience building the capacity of service providers, such as MSMEs, NGOs and extension agents
- Familiarity with a Positive Youth Development (PYD) approach
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Fluency in French and English
Submit resume and cover letter online through “Join Our Team” under the Contact section of www.makingcents.com. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
About the Organization
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for fifteen years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our technical services and collaborative learning activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management.
Making Cents Corporate site: www.makingcents.com.