Kosovar Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Youth Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) Specialist to support an anticipated bid in Kosovo: Up to Youth opportunity. This is a full-time position.
The Youth Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) Specialist will be responsible for providing technical leadership, guidance on program design and implementation of PVE-related activities, and assistance conducting outreach / relationship building with stakeholders. This position requires experience in a similar technical area (e.g. countering violent extremism, violence prevention, positive youth development, reintegration/rehabilitation program development).
- Relevant degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
- Demonstrated experience working on programs on preventing youth violent extremism (PVE), conflict mitigation/management, peacebuilding, and/or youth development programs;
- Prior experience in fostering social cohesion and applying conflict mitigation strategies in community-based programming.
- In-depth knowledge of local factors (“drivers”) that may influence radicalization to violence
- Previous experience working in Kosovo and/or the Balkans is highly desired;
- Experience working effectively with government officials, non-government partners, and USAID and/or other donors.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and experience supervising teams of diverse staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Prior experience working in official languages in Kosovo (Albanian and Serbian); strongly preferred.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org