Dexis Consulting Group is recruiting for a Youth Program Specialist that will be embedded within USAID’s Bureau of Economic Growth, Education, and Environment Office of Education (E3/ED) to support the Agency Youth Coordinator, specifically the YouthCorps Team, and to further collaboration between E3/ED and the YouthCorpson cross-sectoral youth programming
The YouthCorps is an intra-agency body supporting the integration of youth into USAID programming in line with the 2012 Youth in Development Policy. The AgencyYouth Coordinator oversees the YouthCorps and provides guidance and strategic leadership to missions and bureaus related to youth programming.
The Youth Program Specialist is a member of the YouthCorps team and will support the work of the Youth Coordinator on a day-to-day basis and will work to ensure effective collaboration between E3/ED staff and the YouthCorps.
The YouthCorps Team aims to advance the strategic area of increasing the integration of youth across USAID programming. Work is performed primarily in the Youth Coordinator’s office and E3/ED, but the incumbent is expected to participate in assignments that may cross organizational lines.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and technical support, and limited program support, to the YouthCorps team, assisting to coordinate youth initiatives between the YouthCorps Team and E3/ED. In this role, the Youth Program Specialist will manage general administrative and technical functions for the team, including communications, records, and logistics, report to E3/ED on YouthCorps activities, and perform other duties as assigned. In addition, s/he will assist with other team functions, ranging from budgeting, program design and management, to communications.
Technical and Administrative Support to Programs, Projects and Trainings
- Contribute to the design, management and technical oversight of youth and education programs, conflict and situational analyses, youth assessments, youth and risk assessments, and research with USAID’s youth portfolio.
- Provide administrative and workflow management support.
- Ensure external and internal meetings and conference calls run smoothly and effectively by managing invites and conference call details, organizing meeting logistics, preparing meeting materials, preparing minutes and actions, coordinating follow-up, and booking facilities; track next steps on meeting outcomes and communications.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed, including flights, accommodation, visa application and ground transportation.
- Participate in a range of desk reviews, in-country assessments, project/activity evaluations, and literature reviews for USAID solicitation.
- Provide technical and administrative support for relevant youth trainings.
- Coordinate on youth initiatives between the YouthCorps Team, Youth Coordinator’s Office and E3 Office of Education.
- Ensure E3/ED is fully apprised of YouthCorps activities and encourage E3/ED coordination and participation in YouthCorps activities.
Portfolio Management and Reporting
- Support various and multiple program design, implementation, performance management, and budgeting and communications functions
- Assist technical teams with tracking analytical data
Knowledge management and communication
- Ensure that inquiries are answered with consistent, standardized and accurate information and messaging
- Developing trackers and tables for planning and monitoring upcoming tasks and responsibilities; milestones for project design, implementation, and evaluation; global education issues and others as needed
- Track all documents going to and emanating from the team; ensure constant supplies of communication materials
- Work with YouthCorps, USAID technical and communications teams to ensure consistent, quality outreach on USAID Youth programming.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of administrative support experience
- At least two years of international youth development
- Demonstrated commitment to providing top notch administrative support to growing, fast moving, hard-working teams
- Commitment to USAID’s mission and to improving youth/educational outcomes in multiple environments
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks; ability to learn quickly
- Strong team player
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-honed awareness of issues facing youth around the globe
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google Docs
- Experience in multicultural, multilingual environments preferred
- USAID or other donor experience preferred
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.