Creative is seeking a Youth Workforce Development Specialist for “Up to Youth,” an anticipated USAID-funded project in Kosovo. The project will aim to empower youth in Kosovo to promote their own development and become responsible citizens, thereby strengthening their resilience against radicalization to violence. The program will empower at-risk youth in targeted municipalities to increase civic participation and economic self-empowerment for resilient, peaceful communities.
S/he will be directly working in the design, management, and implementation of youth workforce development interventions. The Youth Workforce Development Specialist will identify curriculum for remedial education, soft skills training, and technical skills training, and other services required for effective youth development, and ensure that workforce development interventions use best practices to address the needs of youth.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Increased youth employment.
- Decrease in youth susceptibility to violent extremism.
- Increased demand-driven vocational and skills-building training.
- Assess labor market, competency-based career ladders, enterprise and training needs;
- Establish or identify competency-based standards or industry certifications and improve training curricula for related occupations to create a more highly qualified and technologically skilled youth workforce that matches labor market demand;
- Facilitate job placement, job search information mechanisms and job counseling services;
- Facilitate job skills curriculum development, training of trainers and skills training for target beneficiaries;
- Provide technical guidance and support on training curricular; and
- Create improved pre-vocational training organizations curricula that addresses improved hard and soft skills, strengthens work ethic, and addresses gender stereotypes; and liaise with stakeholders, vocational/training institutes and/or other training and educational providers, and other counterparts.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to education or youth development. Related Master’s degree strongly preferred;
- Experience working in institutions with a focus on serving the needs of at-risk youth;
- Technical knowledge and experience in skills development, curriculum development, positive youth development, and related support services for at-risk youth;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing field-based workforce and curricula development initiatives;
- In-depth knowledge of youth workforce development interventions in Kosovo and/or the Western Balkans;
- Experience integrating gender into project design and implementation to address disparities and create opportunities for women’s leadership and participation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork;
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken Albanian; and
- Professional fluency in English is strongly preferred.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.