Local candidates encouraged to apply
Blumont is seeking Youth Workforce Development Specialist candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded Up to Youth program. This five-year program will empower youth in Kosovo to promote their own development and become responsible citizens, thereby strengthening their resilience against radicalization to violence. The program will work with at-risk youth in targeted municipalities in Kosovo to increase civic participation and economic self-empowerment for resilience, peaceful communities.
The Youth Workforce Development Specialist will be directly working in the design, management, and implementation of youth-centered development interventions for the anticipated program. The candidate will lead both workforce development, as well as enterprise development activities in the program. S/he will identify the needs and gaps in services provided currently. S/he will work with the Up to Youth team to develop curricula to address these gaps, such as vocational education, soft skills training, and technical skills training, and ensure that workforce development interventions use best practices to address the needs of youth. S/he will liaise with project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders to ensure workforce development solutions are strategically and tactically addressed. S/he will also work with government and civil society to develop interventions that will increase civic participation and lessen the likelihood of violent extremism.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and lead activities that will decrease barriers to youth access to post-secondary training and/or market-driven workforce development programs leading to employment or self-employment.
- Develop and lead program aspects supporting enterprise development, including methods for creation of new enterprises or the redevelopment or expansion of existing enterprises.
- Provide strategic technical guidance on market-driven workforce development methodologies, private sector partnerships, access to credit, entrepreneurship, etc. to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure that program training and certification activities are linked to the needs of the labor market and private-sector needs, growth areas, opportunities for start-up capital and apprenticeships.
- Advise on institutional strengthening measures to ensure sustainable project interventions.
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to youth dimensions of technical activities and operations, and discuss issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists.
- Engage available and active youth networks and organizations in the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Support development of youth monitoring and evaluation indicators for the project.
- Develop appropriate youth resources and tools for project staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 7+ years’ experience on donor-based programming.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in designing, managing, and implementing programs aimed at improving workforce readiness and entrepreneurship among youth (women, girls, and marginalized communities a plus).
- Technical knowledge and experience in skills development, curriculum development, micro, small, medium enterprises, and entrepreneurship.
- Experience working with government officials, community members, families and other stakeholder in efforts to increase access to workforce training, employment, and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Experience building and strengthening workforce development partnerships with the private sector and other stakeholders, including public-private partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Professional fluency in Albanian.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Kosovo experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Prior experience in USAID funded projects, particularly those centered around economic development.
- Experience working in institutions with a focus on serving the needs of youth, particularly workforce-aged youth.
- Professional fluency in English is strongly preferred.
- Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
- This position will be based in Pristina, Kosovo, with travel up to 30%.
- Normal Office Conditions.
Local candidate encourage to apply
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups