Creative is seeking a Youth Workforce Partnership Specialist for an anticipated USAID Pakistan Youth Development project. The project will prepare youth for workforce participation (employment or entrepreneurship) by focusing education assistance on skills acquisition and civic engagement. It will support youth as they emerge from training programs to identify employment opportunities or pursue entrepreneurial ventures to improve livelihoods, reduce the prospect of economic marginalization, serve as role models for other youth and contribute to Pakistan’s economic growth.
The Youth Workforce Partnership Specialist works to develop partnerships with the private sector to prepare youth for jobs and entrepreneurship. The Specialist is a key liaison who helps establish sustainable partnerships among the private sector, community organizations, and governmental institutions. The goal of these partnerships will be to foster an improved enabling environment for a market-driven, workforce development system that better serves the needs of both employers and youth.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Works to proactively assist in identifying local, regional and national opportunities for public/private partnerships to support the employment and entrepreneurship efforts of youth to enable them to participate in the workforce (employment or entrepreneurship);
- Facilitates lasting relationships among employers, workforce development providers and government entities in support of their efforts to secure employment or entrepreneurship for youth;
- Enhances partnerships with industry, government and community partners to develop a system for the collection, analysis and regular, widespread dissemination of labor market demand data to employers, workforce development providers, GOES, and the public; and
- Provides expertise in value chain and labor market analysis to identify critical job and entrepreneurship needs in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Economics, Public Administration, Sociology or a closely related field. Master’s degree in a field related to workforce development strongly preferred;
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience with youth, workforce development, entrepreneurship, and/or small and medium business development;
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining public private partnerships;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in youth, business partnerships, labor market, value chain and/or related programming;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork; and
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English and local languages.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.