Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Youth Workforce Readiness Specialist candidates for the anticipated five-year USAID/Uzbekistan Youth Work Readiness and Entrepreneurship Activity. The Program is expected to work towards the following objectives: 1) improved quality of school-based economics and entrepreneurship programs; 2) improved quality of afterschool entrepreneurship, soft skills and work readiness programs; and 3) strengthened enabling environment to support and engage youth.
Only citizens of Uzbekistan or permanent residents authorized to work in Uzbekistan will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure program activities are implemented on time and on budget
- Manage and provide technical input to specific youth workforce readiness and entrepreneurship training initiatives
- Prepare and give substantive technical input to workplans, activity plans, and program reports for assigned components
- Oversee local partner activities
- Ensure program interventions are culturally sensitive and specifically target youth; ensure interventions are sensitive to gender issues
- Contribute to project activities, including work planning, reporting, communications, and monitoring and evaluation
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Uzbek citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- At least six (6) years’ experience in youth entrepreneurship and/or workforce readiness programs in Uzbekistan
- Demonstrated expertise in school-based economics and entrepreneurship programs; afterschool entrepreneurship, soft skills and work readiness programs; and/or strengthening the enabling environment to support and engage youth
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to establish successful collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including from academia, the private sector, government, local civil society organizations, donors and the media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Uzbek
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=og9Sefwf&s=Devex to submit your CV along with a cover letter that summarizes your experience and includes your salary range expectations.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.