European Commission President Jose Manuel Durao Barroso is suggesting the EU pursue five goals at the upcoming G-20 Summit in Toronto on June 26-27.
In a letter to the European Council, Barroso lays out the following deliverables:
- Setting out general guiding principles for exit from the crisis, as the EU hasalready done, taking into consideration different national or regional circumstances.
- Accelerating agreement on country recommendations in the context of the Framework for Growth.
- Implementing timely and consistent reforms of the financial market.
- Finalizing an “ambitious package” on International Monetary Fund reform, to be concluded by November.
- Building momentum for upcoming United Nations summits on climate change and the Millennium Development Goals.