Our reporters are off to a busy start this year, tracking the latest changes in U.S. development policy as the Biden administration takes the reins, chronicling the major developments in U.K. aid, and tuning in to key conversations and announcements of new initiatives at this year’s virtual Davos forum.
For our Pro subscribers, we took our coverage deeper and brought you an inside look into the Council of the EU's 2021 development priorities. We also took a deep dive into AIIB’s growing investments and biggest programs as it celebrates its fifth anniversary and explored upcoming funding opportunities at AfDB.
Here’s a look at our top-read Devex Pro stories for January:
1. IFC priorities in 2021. Interim Managing Director Stephanie von Friedeburg shares what the year ahead will mean for the International Finance Corp.
2. Q&A: Where does the US aid budget go after Trump? Jim Richardson, former director at the U.S. State Department's Office of Foreign Assistance, shares his views on managing interagency tensions, congressional earmarks, and White House priorities.
3. Guterres tops long list of UN job seekers in 2021. From aviation to trade to industrial development, we dig into the leadership jobs open at the U.N. this year.
4. 3 biggest UK development contracts in 2020. The country's biggest aid contract last year was worth £100 million — but who won it? One organization with a U.K. branch, headquartered in London. We explore the data.
5. Devex Pro Live: What next for UK aid? We cover the lack of government transparency on how reductions to the aid budget have been implemented — and the challenge that creates for the sector.
Have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.