Kate Midden, engagement editor, Devex
Fifty-one percent of global development organizations have zero leaders of color. Twenty percent have zero women. The result? A workforce that is not as international — nor intersectional — as the communities our industry works with.
In this #GlobalDevWomen edition of Long Story Short, Angela Bruce-Raeburn and Kate Warren share how organizations can work towards creating a more diverse workforce — and what happens when this isn’t a priority.
• [Twitter Chat] #GlobalDevWomen: A conversation on race, leadership and global development
• Opinion: But wait until they see your black face
• Opinion: Who gets to be part of development's exclusive club?
• Opinion: A guide to busting unconscious bias
• Opinion: Closing the gender leadership gap in development