A lukewarm high-level meeting on tuberculosis. NCDs. Trump’s foreign assistance review. It’s been an eventful week at the 73rd U.N. General Assembly and Global Goals Week.
Live from New York, U.N. Correspondent Amy Lieberman and Engagement Editor Kate Midden unpack the biggest stories from one of the biggest events for the global development community.
• As UNGA kicks off, Guterres calls for urgency
• At NCD summit, a push to address ignored disease burden
• In Trump's US aid review, can development principles prevail?
• UN warns of worsening famine in Yemen
• UN chief António Guterres cautions financing will impact reform process