The Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development and Yemen have entered into five development aid accords worth nearly $329 million.
Yemeni Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Abdul-Karim al-Arhabi and AFESD Director-General Abdullatif Al-Hamad signed the agreements on March 6 in Sanaa, Yemen News Agency reports.
The deals involve the following:
- $42 million to help complete the Dhamar-Husaineya road project.
- $150 million for the second gas power plant project in the Mareb governorate.
- $100 million for the fourth phase of the Social Fund for Development.
- $35 million for the third phase of the major intersections project in Sanaa.
- $1.8 million to complete the restoration of the grand mosque in the old city of Sanaa.
Read more development aid news.