4Assist is a network of professionals committed to the provision of quality consulting and advisory services in the field of development assistance. They operate through a well established and growing international network of associates, with expertise in different fields. They provide services to beneficiary governments in developing countries and countries in transition, to donor institutions, and to large international consulting firms working in development assistance.
Their goal is to strengthen and enhance collaboration and exchange of experiences between their associate experts and establish a knowledge management platform within our network. To date, they have worked extensively in the following thematic areas:
- Economic Development
- Public Financial Management
- Public Administration
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Social Protection
In addition to their technical expertise they have substantial experience in all principal delivery methods used by donor institutions:
- Sector and General Budget Support Programs
- Sector Policy Support Programs (SPSP) & Sector Wide Assistance Programs (SWAPs)
- Conventional Project Management approaches
- Technical Assistance
They have active presence in the former Soviet Union countries of Central Asia, Caucasus and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, the Middle East, Africa and Southeast Asia.
Their advisory services cover the following themes:
Their understanding of capacity building is that it is much more than training. In assisting their clients to build capacity their associates always have in mind the following:
- Human resource development: the process of equipping individuals with the understanding, skills and access to information, knowledge and training that enables them to perform better.
- Organisational development: the elaboration of management structures, processes and procedures, not only within organisations but also the management of relationships between the different organisations and sectors.
- Institutional and legal framework development: making legal and regulatory changes to enable organisations, institutions and agencies at all levels and in all sectors to enhance their capacities.
They cover a whole range of research, evaluations, reviews and appraisals in the sectors of their expertise. Their associates have experience in conducting training needs analysis, identification and feasibility studies, as well as designing project interventions and budget support programmes for donor institutions and recipient governments.
Their associates are experienced in the principle methodological tools used in development assistance. One such characteristic tool is the Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework approach. Their associates involved in Public Financial Management are versed in the Public Expenditure Financial and Accountability (PEFA) framework and performance measurement mechanisms.
Development assistance mechanisms
They have extensive experience with rules and administrative processes of the majority of the European Commission development assistance programmes. Through their network of associates they have acquired substantial experience in the procedures of many other donors and international organisations such as the World Bank, UNDP, UNICEF and the African Development Bank.
Where is 4Assist Development Consulting - Four Assist Development Consulting