Academy of Justice (Armenia)
The Academy of Justice has been founded within the framework of 2012-2016 strategic program of legal and judicial reforms approved by the President of RA and according to the RA Government N990 – Ա Decree made on the 13th of September, 2013, and adoption of “The Law of the RA on the Academy of Justice” on the 2nd of May, 2013. The founder of the Academy is the Republic of Armenia.
The Academy of Justice started its main activity on the 1st of January, 2014.
Regulated by the Constitution of the RA, the Judicial Code of the RA, “The law on the Academy of Justice” of the RA, “The law on state non-commercial organizations” of the RA, “The law on Prosecutor’s Office” of the RA, “The law on Investigative Committee” of the RA, “The law on Special Investigation Service” of the RA, the Charter of “The Academy of Justice” state non-commercial organization, the decrees of the Governing Board of the Academy, other legal acts and cooperation memorandums and agreements, the Academy for the implementation of its aims of and issues:
1) organizes and conducts the initial training for persons included in the correspondent lists of applicants for judge candidates (including from the Republic of Artsakh), candidates of prosecutors (including from the Republic of Artsakh), candidates of investigators of the Investigative Committee of the Republic of Armenia in the result of the qualification testing,
2) organizes and conducts continuous training of judges (including from the Republic of Artsakh), prosecutors (including from the Republic of Artsakh), investigators of Investigative Committee of the RA and Special Investigative Service of the RA, those who completed the training course at the Academy and included in the list of candidates of judges, investigators of investigation department of National Security Service adjunct to the RA,
3) organizes and conducts continuous training of judicial servants (including from the Republic of Artsakh and the staff of the Human Rights Defender of the RA), state servants of department of Investigative Committee of the RA, state servants in the staff of the Prosecutor's office and for judicial bailiffs,
4) organizes special training for judges, prosecutors, investigators and judicial bailiffs in order to give the necessary skills concerning the usage of special means and firearms,
5) concludes contracts and effectively cooperates with juridical and physical entities of the Republic of Armenia and foreign countries, international organizations,
6) develops and puts into circulation the materials of teaching methods for the implementation of the educational programs prescribed by the law,
The founding document of the Academy is the Charter which states the goals of the activity and clears out the issues concerning the legal state of the Academy.
The procedure for hiring and dismissing from the Academy of Justice, the schedule of working hours, incentives and disciplinary actions against the employee of the Academy, rules of the Academy trainee's behavior, the procedure for calculating the absence of training courses are defined in accordance with internal disciplinary rules.See more